Friday, October 5, 2012

The Incredible Mess

I ride motorcycles. It's fun. But, I don't do them - know them. And it's not the cinematography or background music that make this short film so affective. It's him. His "gutter-punk or apocalypse punk" aesthetic. His truths - "It's not the pride of ownership, it's the pride of learning, of building something." And then there's that moment when, as if surprised at himself, he barely whispers, "Oh that's beautiful".

"This bike has nothing to do with what I talk about. When I'm out in the workshop... time stands still. Its my world - there's nothing. No politics, no wars - its just this. Its a kind of mediation for me. Its that simple. Its the end of the story, there is nothing more."



Deus Ex Machina from Seth C Brown on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment