Sunday, September 29, 2013

12 Hours: A Moving Portrait, Syllabus Week

Savage and I went aerial from campus the other day -- sunset has it's own reading list for our eternal semester, and this assignment feels straight forward: watch ("dude"s and "oh baby!"s hopefully excused)



When space feels hard to come by (most of the time), the Bosphorus, and now tower, call. The river feels integral to the city's identity in a way that I'm happy not quite placing my finger on; it's good enough to just sit and watch old fisherman cast their metal weights with longs rods, gaze into distance, or laugh with one another and share cigarettes. If you watch long enough, there's even the off-hand chance that the breeze will blow fresh, clean air into your lungs.

It's easier to catch such drifts from the top of the hill, where I returned the morning after our little kletter for round two... (Sorry for the shakes)



I just met some gung-ho Turkish fellas who told me that it's good fun to climb all the way to the top and shake the entire tower. Don't worry Mom, that's a metaphor. Well, kind of; I mean, a country boy gotta breathe somehow.


2 comments:

  1. Here's your mother!
    This looks like great fun! I am not worried because I am sure that you were wearing a harness, helmet, were securely fastened with ropes and had someone spotting you, RIGHT?????

    ReplyDelete